Thursday, July 18, 2013

Goodbye, Rebel BlueGoodbye, Rebel Blue by Shelley Coriell
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Summary - Rebecca "Rebel" Blue lives her life according to her own rules which include blue hair steaks, bare feet and never depending on anyone else. All is going fine until she serves detention with one of the "cupcake" (cute, popular, do-good) girls at school. As they complete their detention assignment of writing their bucket lists (things they want to do before they die) the two girls discuss fate and how your choices in life determine the person you become. When the "cupcake" dies in a tragic accident, As Rebel sets out to complete the dead girl's bucket list and starts to get to know Nate, she begins to wonder if the her choices are right for her and if maybe she really can (and should) depend on the people around her.

Review - I really enjoyed this one. Goodbye, Rebel Blue was a quick and engaging read from the beginning. I found myself pulling for Rebel to find her place and keep her individuality at the same time. The story moved quickly and actually had a "warm fuzzy" ending. Other book reviews recommend this to students who liked 13 Reasons Why and I totally agree. I will be recommending this to my students as soon as it is available.

This book is due out on October 1, 2013. I received the ARC from NetGalley.



View all my reviews ">

No comments:

Post a Comment